On a positive note, I am pleased to report the following funds were allocated to the Early Childhood Education (ECE) community, which is the 2nd largest area of new investment in the overall California budget:
- Funding will increase for CalWORKs Stages 2 and 3 to reflect the caseload and rate increases.
- A new Home Visiting program for CalWORKs families will be funded and implemented.
- The Foster Care Child Care Bridge Program will be fully funded.
- State and Federal funding will be used to expand the Alternative Payment (AP) Program to create 13,407 new AP slots over the next 4 years.
- A one-time investment will be made in the Child Care Initiative Project for family child care recruitment.
- The Infant/Toddler and Special Needs Rates for Standard Reimbursement Rate (SRR) contracted programs will increase.
- Sesame Street Community offers parents and their children the support they need with webinars and activities on variety topics including, handling trauma, bullying and copping with separation.
- Visit Colorin Colorado for a list of resources for educators including classroom activities, study guides and how to support immigrant children.
- Check out the latest title from The Mother Company, A Little Book About Feelings by Abbie Schiller and Sam Kurtzman-Counter.