Quality Start Los Angeles
Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) is part of a nationwide movement that is designed to support early learning professionals in the continuous improvement of their programs and families as they choose an early learning program that is right for their child.
QSLA works directly at the site level, providing hands-on support in the form of coaching, professional development, and family engagement; as well as providing direct support to parents; and working to inform key stakeholders about the benefits of investing in quality programs for children birth to five.
Why should I enroll my program in QSLA?
- Early Care Education Program improvement is one of the priorities of Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA). Choosing to participate in QSLA shows your strong commitment to providing high quality early learning services and to the continuous improvement of your program.
- By joining Quality Start Los Angeles, you receive support to be able to showcase the quality of your program.
- All providers participating in Quality Start Los Angeles receive incentives such as training stipends and classroom instructional kits.
- Early learning providers participate in ongoing professional development so you are better prepared to nurture each child’s unique abilities and development.
Benefits of participating in QSLA:
- Being assessed gives you a clear picture of your program’s quality and helps define a path to get your program where you want it to be.
- You are eligible for incentives that reward and sustain your quality improvement efforts.
- There are opportunities to give your teachers the high quality professional development they value which leads to greater retention and a well-trained workforce.
- You receive the acknowledgement and the support you need to maintain your program’s high standards.
- By taking a strengths-based approach, you build upon your successes for sustained, continuous program development.
- Your program will receive one-on-one support tailored to the unique needs of your center or family child care home.
QSLA rates programs on specific quality measures found in the California Quality Continuum Framework Rating Matrix such as learning activities, teacher-child interactions, and environment. Ratings are from 1 to 5, with 5 demonstrating the highest quality.
This initiative is a collaborative effort between Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE), Office for the Advancement of Early Care and Education, Child 360, First 5 LA, and the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA).
Visit QSLA’s website to learn about eligibility requirements and application process.