Stay Informed (Updated Wednesday, August 4, 2021)
The health and safety of our children, families, and child care providers is our top priority. Based on the recommendations of public health offices we as an agency will be taking the following steps.
All CCRC Lobbies will be closed to the public until further notice. Our work will continue! You may reach staff directly by phone or email, and use the drop boxes at each location for paperwork. Office phone numbers are listed here.
CCRC Book & Toy Resource Libraries
All CCRC Book & Toy Resource Libraries are closed until further notice.
CCRC Head Start
CCRC’s Head Start Birth to Five program will be reopening 20 classrooms at nine existing HS centers in the San Fernando Valley starting Monday, April 19, 2021.
HS staff will be welcoming back around 200 families. Currently enrolled children entering Kindergarten in the Fall are the priority right now. We want to provide them with some classroom and in person socialization experiences before they ‘cross the bridge’ and continue their learning journey.
Virtual services will continue for all other enrolled families.
For further information, please email Anna Ovsepyan in Head Start.
CDE - Guidance for Serving School-Age Children During Distance Learning
- FY 2020-21 FAQs for ELC Programs
- CDE Covid-19 Guidance for K-12 Schools (includes a section on child care)
- Getting Internet Access
Covid-19 Vaccine Availability
Child care providers can now make an appointment!
- For Los Angeles County, please visit http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/vaccine/hcwsignup/
- For San Bernardino County, please visit https://sbcovid19.com/
- To check your eligibility, or to sign up for notifications, please visit myturn.ca.gov
Covid-19 Testing Information
Rental Relief Programs
The CA Covid-19 Relief program is available to all eligible landloards and tenants beginning March 15, 2021, applications. Tenant eligibility checklists are available in English or Spanish. Learn how the 80/20 payment relief for eligible households works in English or Spanish.
- To determine eligibility and apply for funds, please visit: www.HousingIsKey.com
- You can also call the CA Covid-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 1-833-430-2122 for more information.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- COVID-19 Early Care and Education Toolkit View Website
- Decision Pathways for Symptom and Exposure Screening of Children and ECE and K-12 Schools View PDF
- Temporary Prohibition of Group Events and Gatherings, Required Social Distancing Measures, and Closure of Certain Businesses View PDF
- Guidance for Food Facilities View PDF
- Order of the Health Officer View PDF
- Guidance for Early Childhood Education Providers View PDF
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Child Care
- FDA Warning About the Dangers of Hand Sanitizers With Methanol View PDF
- COVID-Compliant Business Partnership Program
$30 million in funding for small businesses San Bernardino County.
- This program has two components:
- Funding of $2,500 for eligible Small Businesses with 1-100 employees (some exceptions made for businesses with 0 employees)
- Support and Partnership for ALL eligible County businesses who wish to become a COVID Compliant Business Partner
- Activity Hero
- LA County COVID-19 Rent Relief
Accepting application August 17 to August 31st
Eligibility based on income
Financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
Open to LA County renters, with the exception of City of Los Angeles residents
- Get Connected! Home Internet (PDF)
- Families First – Emergency Renter Relief Program
- LA Regional COVID-19 Recovery Fund
The Recovery Fund is launching as a partnership between the County and the City of Los Angeles and supported by partners such as Wells Fargo Foundation, Citi, and MUFG Union Bank Foundation to offer grants and loans and technical assistance.
- Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits will be available for eligible California families soon!
- Access California Department of Education child care provider emergency response training and tools at MyChildCare.ca.gov
- OnWardCA One-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Free Meals at LA Grab n Go Food Centers
- Community Care Licensing
- Child Care Licensing Division (CCLD)
- California Department of Social Services
- Centers for Disease Control – Covid-19 Updates
- Tax deadline extended to July 15
- Guides to employment for college and high school graduates: Job Search App Guide, Job Search Site Personalization, Career-Specific Job Search
Resources available in San Bernardino County:
- News update for students who used Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) August- September 2019.
- Countywide Food Assistance
- Inland SoCal Covid-19 Fund Requests/ Rental Assistance
- San Bernardino District Grab-and-Go Meals
- COVID-19 Community Drive-Through Testing Events
- CSUSB Online Parent Education Classes
- COVID-19 Community Resources - San Bernardino County
- Free Grab and Go Meals for Children in San Bernardino County
COVID-19 Resource & Information Guide for San Bernardino County
- Essential Info
- Medical/Testing Info
- Mental Health Services
- Food Services
- Family Services
Access free educational PBS day time programming through the following channels:
- Pre-K – 3rd grade on PBS SoCal (View PDF)
- Pre-K – 12th grade on KLCS (View PDF)
- 9th – 12th grade on KCET (View PDF)
Self-Care & Talking to Your Children:
- Communicable Disease - Strategies for Coping
- Talking with Your Children - Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (SAMHSA)
- California Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris has rolled out stress playbooks to help manage anxiety related to the pandemic. The state also has 16 hotlines and text lines if you need mental health services.
- Sesame Street in the Community – Resources to help kids and parents cope during challenging times
- 10 Ways to Avoid Aces During the Pandemic
- Helping Children in Emergencies: Keep Your Child’s Developmental Stage and Temperament in Mind
- [YouTube] Help kids understand social distancing
- [Facebook] Wellness Wednesdays for Kids
- [YouTube] Sesame Street Caring for Each Other (For Health Emergencies with Families)
- COVID-19 Cares Act - Childcare Providers
Apply starting September 14, 2020, 12:00pm through September 25, 2020, 12:00pm.
- Questions And Answers About The Impact Of The Coronavirus On Child Care In California
- Resources to protect your business
- Support for child care workers with essential supplies
- [Podcast] How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During Covid-19 with Dr. Heller and Brad Kammer
- Taking Care of Our Patients, Our Teams, and Ourselves: Trauma Informed Practices to Address Stress Related to Covid-19
- CDC’s Managing Stress and Coping (COVID-19)
Family Resource Center22103 Vanowen Street Canoga Park, CA 91303Monday through Friday 9am-12pm
Food Only, No Clothes
Fish of the West Valley20440 Lassen St. Chatsworth, CA 91311Saturday 10:00am
Food, ID needed for each family member
Grace Resources45134 Sierra Hwy. Lancaster, CA 93534Tuesday and Thursday 10am and 1pm - Food
Wednesday 10am - Spanish Speaking
Wednesday and Friday 5:30pm - Hot meals
Sunday 1:30pm - Hot meals
Monday through Friday 9am-11:30am - Emergency clothing, hygiene products
Lutheran Social Services7400 Tujunga Ave North Hollywood, CA 91605Tuesday 11am-2pm Food, bring own bag, need ID
Meet Each Need with Dignity10641 N. San Fernando Road Pacoima, CA 91331Tuesday morning homeless services
Thursday and Friday 9am-11am - Food Distribution
SOVA16439 Vanowen St. Van Nuys, CA 91406Food Pantry
Rock of the Valley7722 Kester Ave. Van Nuys, CA 91405Valley Food Bank
Valley Park Church16514 Nordhoff St. North Hills, CA 91343Wednesday 4:00-5:00pm
St. Andrew & St. Charles Episcopal Church16651 Rinaldi St. Granada Hills, CA 91344Thursdays 9:30am-10:30am
Lighthouse of San Fernando622 N. Maclay Ave., San Fernando, CA 93140Fridays 4:00pm-5:00pm
Valley Korean UMC10408 Balboa Blvd. Granada Hills, CA 913441st Friday of every month 4:00pm-5:00pm
New Hope Church14539 Sylvan St. Van Nuys, CA 914112nd Saturday of the month 9:30-10:30am
Power of God Church13425 Glenoaks Blvd. Sylmar, CA 913423rd Saturday of the month 10:00-11:30am
The House18515 Sherman Way (Rear) Reseda, CA 913354th Saturday of the month 10:00-11:30am
AV Dream Center302 East Avenue J-12, Lancaster, CA 93534Last Saturday of the month 10:30-11:30am
WIC OfficesTaking Phone Calls Only
Toll Free Number: 800-942-3678
Los Angeles County Food Banks Directory (As of September 2020)
Download the PDF to view available Los Angeles County Food Banks
Food Banks / Food Pantry Resources
Download the PDF to view available Food Bank / Food Pantry resources
Food Resources for Families by SPA
Download the PDF to view available Food Resources for Families by SPA
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) FAQs by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health View the PDF